skimmer pics

chilwil84

my new bermuda 3-c churning out some bubbles dropped the water line to 2 inches below the top instead of one inch and gettin some mad foam. the main chamber looks like milk totally impressed.

chilwil84

if you are overstocked a 9.5 would be a help otherwise the mag 7 would be fine. if its plumbed outside the sump and raised up then go for the 9.5 for the headloss

Mine will be in sump, what do you think about using a Rio 3100 rated for 900gph?
Did you have yours shipped standard ground, because it says overnight would be $113! holy crap!

chilwil84

yup standard ground was like 12 bucks. they sell a lot of coral so i think overnight is the default start point. if you have the rio or can get it cheap go for it. it should be a little more powerful than mag 7 and lees than the 9.5. i think the rio drop faster than the mags when they have to pump higher so it should be a good pump for your 72. if you order soon and its shipped by tuesday you will get it on monday. fedex gets stuff to the east coast about a day faster than ups with standard ground shipping