Skimmer problem.

cartman101

My turboflotor skimmer hasn't produced any foam in the last 2 weeks. I did do a good cleaning on it last sunday. Any one got any advice on what to do?

cartman101

YAY! Some one answers! My tank is about 7 months old. What do you mean by different level settings? Like what angle the skimmer is in? If so yes I have.

misfit

How long have you had the skimmer.
Whats the GPH you have going through it
Mine works great.

cartman101

I dont have the skimmer in my sump. It's hanging off the back of the display tank. The pump is about 5in under the water level. I have cleaned the pump alot this past week. Its a aquamedic 2100 pump on the skimmer (came with it). Maybe its broke.

misfit

On my oceanrunner pump the impeller broke off of the magnet.I had to glue it.If it is broke good luck trying to find parts aqua medic burnt down like a month or two ago>been trying to get replacement impeller for mine with no luck.

cartman101

How can i take it apart? Theres no screws or anything to take it apart so how do i know its broke? If it is what pump should i get?

misfit

Cant you take the front of the pump off to get to the impeller.well first is the skimmer making bubbles.If it is then its not the pump.

misfit

Im not sure.Im trying to help ya out,but i have the in sump and not sure on how different the HOB one is.can you post a pic.

misfit

I just went to aqua medic site to look at the pic.Try to turn the knobs on the top/front to restrict some water flow.Mabey your flowing too fast throught the skimmer?

misfit

Little at a time and let it sit for an hour or 2.and see what happens.your not gonna see automatic results in a few min.