Skimmer production.

offshore80

Ok, seems to be lots of questions on the productivity of all different types of skimmers. I have 3 different types on 3 different tanks. If you have a photo of your skimmer in action with it's productivity we can all judge by what we see. Rate it by noise level a and productivity. Be honest now.
My first is a Aqua C EV 180.
Noise level is about zero. I can't hear it.
Productiuon level is very good. But you be the judge.
I must admit I was going to get the Euroreef but I had a height requirement that limited me. I feel I did OK with my selection. I'm happy with it.

offshore80

This is my prizm on my 46 reef.
it's a little loud and needs adjustment from time to time. I think it's rated for a hundred gallons. IMO I wouldn't put it on anything over 55 gallons. It does produce pretty good and is a low budget skimmer that seems to work. My water quality is very good. I clean it about once a week. Remember though you get what you pay for. Don't complain if it's extra work, or is loud if you bought on a budget. Look at your water quality and production of the skimmer. This one seems to work. and for 70 bucks it was better than nothing.

big bubba

I just ordered an EV240 for my 300 gal tank. i hope I'm happy with it. I hear nothing but great things about the EV series skimmers. How long have you been using the EV180, and what size tank is it on?

offshore80

I've had my EV 180 for about 2 years. It works really well. I'm very happy with it.Just make sure you match it with the right size pump.
My tank is a 180 BF with 300 lbs of live rock. I have a 25 gal sump, 30 gal qt. and 20 gal fuge. The whole system is tied together to replace the displaced water volume from all the live rock. Seems to work out well.