Skimmer pump died

steven's un

After a year my RIO 800 on my sealife skimmer stopped working. My skimmer is not very good and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if something can be done to make it more successful. I dont have a pic, but the RIO just sits in the side of the skimmer and tries to work. What kind of pump should I get? My old pump produced a large amount of heat too, so I dont want to get another RIO.:help:

sly

Get a Maxi Jet 900. They are simply awesome, reliable, and don't get hot.

sly

Go to Home Depot and look around at tubing and fittings. They're bound to have something that will fit your pump to your skimmer.

sly

Buy a hose from home depot that will slide onto the end of the maxijet and slide the other end onto your skimmer intake.
If the maxijet output hose is too small or too large for your skimmer then you can buy an adapter that will allow you to connect two hoses of different diameters together. Use a plastic hose clamp to hold the hoses on tightly so that they don't leak.
What kind of skimmer do you have? You may have a setup that is different and that may be the source of the confusion. Really there should be no difference in hooking up a Rio pump and a Maxijet pump. They're basically the same.