Skimmer question please help

dapak83

i got my CL SS65 today i am trying to set it up but there are no microbubles becuas water keeps geting in the airinlet tube... any one knows how i can get it to work properly!!!? :notsure:

i am very agrivated!!! urgh!! :mad:

cgrant

i have a ss220 but i think the setup on a 65 might be a little different?
I have a air line tube that runs off the powerhead and a air inlet on the...ohhh i guess we can call it the water outlet tube.
make sure they are not clogged!
try blowing into the powerhead tube and see if anything comes out?
thats about all i got for now...let us know how it goes?

dapak83

yah there is water in there.. when i blow the bubbles come and as soon as i stop the water gets back in the tube!!!
this sucks!

dapak83

it is well above the water lever but the water keeps goin in... shud i just take everything out and drain it and put it in the tank again?

earlybird

Hmm strange. You are talking about the tube with the "film case" silencer at the end of it correct? If so it should be attached to the actual pump underwater. Is it possible that you attached it to the water outlet instead?

dapak83

when i got it it was already connected to the inlet.. where the pump pulls the water in ... and theres water in it!
you think there is something wrong wit the skimmer? should i return it?

cgrant

i tried going to esuweb but the site wont come up, they have instructions along with a diagram of what it should look like.
The inlet side tube is plugged into the power head shroud correct? Thingy that looks like a plastic cone with holes in it... and that should be in the intake part of the power head.

dapak83

exactly rite.. i mean i had the instruction book rite in front of me it looks exacty what its supose to look like.... when i blow air in to the silencer i c the bubbles startng to come soon as i stop it stops.... and i can c the water in the tube.. its really weird!

dapak83

WOOHOOO got it to work... now ther are micro bubbbles ... ALRIGHT!!! :jumping:
one last quick question.... i had it running from last night .. and the bubbles just started coming in... does the break in start now or did it start last night?

dapak83

Ohh and one more question... i think i know but.. i do have to turn the skimmer off when adding top off water and doing water changes rite?

earlybird

Originally Posted by dapak83
Ohh and one more question... i think i know but.. i do have to turn the skimmer off when adding top off water and doing water changes rite?
Congrats. They are very strange. I didn't follow the break in like was recommended, maybe 12 hrs at the most, and so far so good. You'll find that you have to play with it from time to time. I don't turn it off when I add water but for my waterchange I did b/c I don't want to create a vortex and it would have been sucking air. After you feed watch the skimmer it goes nuts. When you clean the collection cup make sure to clean the neck really good or bubbles will have a hard time rising above it. Good luck.

dapak83

i gotta do urgent water changes today... when i turn the skimmer off. will it take another 24 + hrs to get use to the system again.. cuz it really has'nt started to skim yet.. i c foam but its not rising high enough to fall in to the collection cup!!!

earlybird

Originally Posted by dapak83
i gotta do urgent water changes today... when i turn the skimmer off. will it take another 24 + hrs to get use to the system again.. cuz it really has'nt started to skim yet.. i c foam but its not rising high enough to fall in to the collection cup!!!
You need to adjust the bubbles so that they are above the O-ring. They should be raised so that they are about 1/4 inch above the bottome of the cone of the collection cup. It won't need to break in again.

dapak83

Am i doing something wrong... i c the bubbles coming up... but the foam comes and goes... and barely reaches the top then goes back down.... i barely got any skimmate!! other then the water that rushed up when i was playing with the dial!