Skimmer, Seaclone or Coralife?

reefreak

I am looking to purchase a new protein skimmer. My question is which is a more efficient (better) skimmer? Seaclone, or the Coralife. I currently have a 46 bowfront. Does anybody have experience with both. If not, what is your oppinion? :notsure:

johnbob

If those are your only options, go with the coralife. Seaclones are junk. Coralife skimmers aren't the best out there but they certainly get the job done.

fgcu14

I have a 46bow and use the seaclone100. I have not had any problems with my tank and the seaclone pulls about a 1/4 of a cup of goop every week

G

grneyes3x

My seaclone100 was pulling the same but it was light green in color thought it was working well until I bought a deltec it pulls black goop realized the seaclone was not really doing anything. Go with a Deltec they cost but well worth it

murray bmf

I had a Sea Clone, that having been said, I now have a Euro-Reef. I'm not familiar with the Prizm or the coral life but would rather take a chance with one of those than a Sea Clone.

joncat24

gotta go with coralife on this one....just because of customer care. I have a ss220 about 6 months old starting make a noise and slipping in the pump...they are sending me a free new pump. and didnt even ask how old it was or sales receipt or anything