skimmer vs uv staralizer

ok im getting ready to buy a huge sea life systems trickle filter. its rated for 300 gallons. i have a 75 gallon. so i was wondering what whould benifit my tank more a uv or a skimmer. also what size pump should i use for the wet dry. oh yeah i will be doing a fish only tank with more aggresive fish like ells, lions, etc. any responses are extreamly helpful!!!!!!!!

fshhub

especially wiht agressive eaters, get the skimmer, it is really needed to clean up afer those guys, otherwise, teh water quality may be ahrd to maintain
also make sure to get a good one, i would not try and cheat on one, especially in that tank
HTH

bluto

I agree.
A UV might eventually have some marginal benefit (it only works on free-floating organisms, etc.) in fighting parasitic infection, but you can accomplish the same thing for free (or close to it) by practicing carefull livestock handling and care (dips, qt's, etc.).
A skimmer on the other hand is essential (imo), especially in an aggressive/messy-eater tank.
Bluto

bingo

I agree, save the money on the UV for now, and get a good skimmer. I would even skip that huge trickle filter, they're nice for running carbon at times, but don't do much else IMO.