skimmer

freeride7

I have been running a Seaclone 100 in my 50 gal reef for well over a year now. No problems, lots of sludge produced. But just yesterday it started dumping TONS of minute bubbles into the tank. I didnt feed, or put in any chemicals......
I have tried every possible setting with the air screw but nothing is helping.
It wont produce any foam in the cup now, been like this for an entire day now.
Do I need to replace or is there something I am missing.??

cyenney

Mine is doing a very similar thing but I haven't figured it out yet. The tiny bubbles make the water look a little cloudy too and mine isn't producing any foam. Not sure what is happening but hope someone can help. Good luck.

richfish

are any of your skimmers in sump?if they are do they have a little or big drop for the water return to go into the sump?

cyenney

Mine is in sump but the drop from the bio balls to the sump is actually submersed although it is pretty close to the intake of teh pump returning water to the main tank. It didn't look like a lot of bubbles were being created there but maybe I should try to move it further away.

bergamer

I had a similar proble,, make sure your airline is clean. Salt get in there and cause build up. Just run some water through it- worked for me