skimmer?

isistius

anyone here familiar with an etss super reef devil skimmer? im thinking about what type of skimmer to use on my new 135 reef tank.
any suggestions would be appreciated

acrylic51

What makes the Euroreef any better than the ASM? They use the same pumps just made of different materials. I've used both and they both perform equally well, but if you really want a true needlewheel skimmer buy a Deltec or Bubble King.....Alot of people are under the impression that EuroReef are the originators of the needlewheel skimmers....They are knockoffs as well

acrylic51

Coralife skimmers shouldn't even be put in the same class as the other 2 skimmers mentioned above......Check out MRC or Barrs for raw skimming power

saltfan

Originally Posted by acrylic51
Coralife skimmers shouldn't even be put in the same class as the other 2 skimmers mentioned above......Check out MRC or Barrs for raw skimming power
HAve you used one? They do the same job as the ASMG.

dr reef

If you want to stick with ETSS an evo 500 is going to be better, But Euro reef is really good too. Both are top of the line skimmers. It all depends on the foot print room and if its going to be run external.

dr reef

Euro reef uses abs acrylic and they bead weld there product while ASM uses standard acrylic and no bead welding. That is the real diffrence.

acrylic51

Sure have and like I said they aren't even in the same class of skimmers as the other 2 mentioned......Do some research on the skimmer comparisons over on the other forum and no where will you even see that skimmer setup in a bracket to be compared.......Like I stated save your money and buy a quality skimmer....A real producer
And yes EuroReef uses different material and who honestly cares, because it doesn't make the skimmer perform any better, which is the issue here.......And again if you want a real needlewheel skimmer you would buy a Deltec or Bubble King instead of a EuroReef.....

acrylic51

Originally Posted by Dr Reef
Euro reef uses abs acrylic and they bead weld there product while ASM uses standard acrylic and no bead welding. That is the real diffrence.
I understand your point, but bottom line the still skim the same and your honestly telling me the acrylic actually justifies the major price difference between the 2 skimmers when they perform the same?????? :thinking: NOT