skimmer?

moose2020

i have a 120gal tank fowlr want to add a protein skimmer been doing some research and found think i will go with asm, or euro reef but i am confussed at what size to go with will the g3 be good, i like the asm because it is just out of the box, plug in.thanks also i have a fluidize filter on there can i take that off. the tank is up for 2years now with no problems, i am running just a wet dry with bioballs in the process of changing the balls to rock.

murray bmf

I like euro reefs. You would need something like an RS-135. They to are "plug and play". The problem with ER's is they can be pricey.

joncat24

coralife ss220....$142 online if you search it.
amazing skimmer for twice the price
cant be beat for the money...IMO

thegrog

The ASM is essentially the same as the Euroreef, but half the price.
I have been running one on my tank and love it. The G3 will do you just fine

moose2020

thank you i think i will go for the g4x and still need to know if i need the fluidize bed anymore thank you

murray bmf

Originally Posted by TheGrog
The ASM is essentially the same as the Euroreef, but half the price.
I have been running one on my tank and love it. The G3 will do you just fine
I'm a die hard Euro-Reef guy, but I'd wish I'd new this before I spent a bunch of $$$.
Oh well!

sparkee61

I'm a novice and I'm starting a 75 gal salt tank. What's the opinion of the type of skimmer to purchase and ,I undertstand ,I really won't need a skimmer for about 5 months. :notsure:

hurt

I'd look into Octopus skimmers. From the threads I've read on the other board you can't even compare Octopus to ASM. These skimmers draw more air, are made of cell cast acrylic-not extruded acrylic, and are much cheaper. I just purchased the NW-200 for only $178. It's 24 inches tall and has an 8 inch diameter. You can't beat that IMO.

zman1

When I got my ASM I went with euro-reef tank size ratings for the same ASM footprint. They do rate the tank sizes different and ASM tends to be more liberal.For your tank size -
Euro-reef
RS135
Realistic per Euro-reef
Average Load 135 gal
Heavy Load 100 gal
Comparative Up to 300 gal 10 x 11.5 24"
3.5" 6"
SP3 40W 720 lph N/A 1.5"
ASM G-4
Width: 8.5
inches
Height: 24