Skimmer

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by Mrme123
How do I get my skimmer to stop making the microbubbles?
Is it a new skimmer? New skimmers have a "breaking in" period that can last a while, also you can adjust the air intake Also I heard of putting some kind of floss on the output of the skimmer.

mrme123

No it is not new, I bought it from someone on here about 6 months ago, and it was leaking. I just fixed the leak and started using it today. I have not had one on all this time. it is a red prizm deluxe. I was thinking about putting a sponge in the "bubble trap". Would that be ok?

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by Mrme123
No it is not new, I bought it from someone on here about 6 months ago, and it was leaking. I just fixed the leak and started using it today. I have not had one on all this time. it is a red prizm deluxe. I was thinking about putting a sponge in the "bubble trap". Would that be ok?
Bubble trap, is that the output? I would say yes.

gruman28

My prism always makes bubbles between 12-24 hours after it is started. You may need to turn it down (water flow). You dont want it to foam to fast. Just a little. Barley turn the adjuster. Between my brothers and I we have 5 of these (Got a deal). 3 are working great, two are not. They can be tricky. Mine is great, just loud. Hope this helps. Your bubbles should go away with time.