skimmer

creasy

im looking on buying a new skimmer for my reef tank right now i have a corallife skimmer for 220 my tank is a 220 g i have a megaflow sump just looking on some new up grades
ty

laredo300c

i would do either a reef octopus extreme 200 or a asm g4x...both are overated and will give you better performance just watch the footprint and make sure you have room in your sump

J

justin podolan

you can also look in to the msx 250
i am looking to get the 160 for my tank.

When I was looking at the Protein Skimmer, everytone told me to stay clear of the Coralife Protein Skimmers... the 220 has a tendency to overflow, this came from several people. I am using the OCTO NW150 for the 90 and the MSX for the 180 this summer

can any one help me on picking a new skimmer for my 55g. i dont really know what to go with. what do you think about the aquatraders 75g skimmer?

silencio530

Whats A Good Small Skimmer For A 90g I Have A Tall 25 Galon Sump With 3 Chambers And I Dont Think I Have A Good Space For A Nice Big Skimmer Is There A Skimmer U All Know That Is Worth The Buck But Is Compact In Size?...i Might Even Change Sumps ..it Will Be Easy But More Money ...any Sugestions?

coastie81

go with an octo. Are you looking for a hang on back or in sump? octos in my opinion are about the best out there. Just my .02

grubsnaek

that foot print is very small....a tank your size is going to need a significant skimmer. especially if its a medium to high bio load. many on here have stated the octo extremes. they are beast skimmer. great bang for the buck. there are other good skimmer out there. but octo's seem to have the edge. but with a foot print that small, not gunna happen. someone mite chime in with an idea. any thought of upgrading the sump to accommodate a larger skimmer, fuge, etc etc.....