Skimmer !!!!!!!!!!

almarktool

Hello everyone,
how's every one been ? have not been around to much going crazy at work and finishing up finally setups on the 200 and already started at corals to the 72 bowfront to turn it into a reef tank,
Here is the problem 200 gallon oceanic tank on a oceanic stand, i am not happy with the skimmer i have, want to hear what the best skimmer out there is that will be a external install and fit under the standard ocenaic cabinet
Money is no object!! I would however like to know how long you have been running the skimmer u have suggested to me and what pump u are using with it and do u run your pump full open or throttle it back ?
Sorry if this seams like a tall order but really need to get my hands on a good quality skimmer
Thanks

marinerock

HI....
I HAVE THE KENT MARINE NAUTILUS TE TURBO EDUCTOR PROTEIN SKIMMER WITH A MAG-DRIVE #7(700 GPH) ...THIS IS AN IN-SUMP
SKIMMER ONLY....IT WORKS GREAT....TOTALLY ADJUSTABLE TO
EXTRACT THE DIRTIEST WASTE ... IT LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE
A PRETTY LARGE SUMP WHICH IS GOOD CAUSE THIS SKIMMER
IS PRETTY LARGE...IF YOU GO TO THE KENT MARINE SITE THEY
TELL YOU HOW MUCH ROOM YOU NEED IN THE SPECS....
I THINK IT IS ONE OF THE BEST SKIMMERS ON THE MARKET...
VERY WELL MADE AND USER FRIENDLY...EASY TO CLEAN....
IF YOU NEED MORE INFO....JUST LET ME KNOW....
HOPE THIS HELPS...
REGARDS...
MARINEROCK

peasly1

I recently(about 4 weeks ago) got a aquaC EV180, this is for my 125 gal. rated for up to 250 gal, I use a 700 mag..it took about 2 weeks to "break in" but it is impressive and pretty simple,it can be used in sump or external easily..it has started to produce a lot of brown liquid and white foam...a little $$$$$$$...you can also get a larger one rated up to 500-600 gal I think

reef fool

Not my own experience, but many local reefers here in NY have E.T.S.S. skimmers and love them. " They seem to be compact. They pull out a ton of crap!" I have been told. They are also made about 10 miles away from my house. It is likely the skimmer I will have when I set up my 125 in the wall. Check em' out:
www.superskimmer.com

jjboods

I have a Turboflotor 1000 and love it!!! Once it get broken in, you can just about leave the air tube and water tube adjustments wide open. I am pretty sure the 1000 is too small for your tank, but they make a bigger one.

jmesmcm

I'll second the vote for the AQUA-C I ran an EV-90 for two years on my 37 and then continued to run it on my 58. Recently upgraded it to the EV180 and it works great.

jarre

I've got a Euro-reef CS12-1. I'll be connecting both my 180 and 250 to the same sump and PS in January. So although I haven't started using it I did a ton of research and have heard nothing but praise about them!

almarktool

Thanks,
everyone for your responses so far they have helped alot , still no new skimmer doing some more research hopefully order something by monday
MArk