Skimmers. Skimmers, Oh My.

brandond20

Ya I was looking at the asm mini because it's rated at up to 75 gallons I think and the price isn't that bad on it, but I've heard that there are problems with it though. Any one have any experiences or knowledge about the asm mini?

miaheatlvr

I Like the CPR skimmers the best for my 29g reef,, with the VENTURI SYSTEM,, tons of bubbles with alot of nasty skim... CPR is a great AMERICAN company anybody else agree?

acrylic51

Get a good skimmer regardless how big your tank is....All tanks regardless FO, FOWLR, or full reefs will benefit from having a skimmer.....AquaC makes nice smaller units.....And the comment about going without a skimmer in a 29 and not worrying about "prestine water" quality is absurd!!!!!

fishamajig

Originally Posted by acrylic51
Get a good skimmer regardless how big your tank is....All tanks regardless FO, FOWLR, or full reefs will benefit from having a skimmer.....AquaC makes nice smaller units.....And the comment about going without a skimmer in a 29 and not worrying about "prestine water" quality is absurd!!!!!

word. . . .i have a 200 GAL SYSTEM AND HAVE TO RUN THE SKIMMER ALL DAY ALL NIGHT AND I STILL HAVE ISSUES FROM TIME TO TIME.

brandond20

Ya I'm definitely going with a skimmer to put in my sump tank for my 29gallon reef tank. So far I'm looking at the asm g-mini as the skimmer I'm going to get, heard asm is a great skimmer brand.

acrylic51

I haven't heard any major complaints about them other than they leak from around the top cone where it meets the skimmer body and can't be run externally...The reason they might leak is because they use an O ring to seal the 2 parts and they do that so you can take apart and get inside and clean them out.........