Skimmers?

mweezy05

I just got a new 75 gal tank and a sump to go along with it. It has space for a skimmer to sit in it.
My question is, what size skimmer do I need and what brands are the most efficient. I know skimmers can be expensive, but I prefer quality and would not enjoy messing around with a cheap skimmer.
Thanks!

sly

Check out the Kent Nautilus TE skimmer. (google search it)
I have one on my 72 gallon and have used it for 5 years. They are ozone save and work VERY well and require no maintenance at all. They just work. I would recommend a skimmer like this one. It's a downdraft venturi. Very effective and literally "set it and forget it".

mweezy05

Ok thanks for the info....
Anyone know about the Euro Reef skimmers? I heard from a friend that they work well, but they are a bit pricey.

ravennreef

I have had really good luck with ASM skimmers. A G1 or G2 would be great for your tank. They seem to be one of the top rated skimmers.

cgrant

depends how much $$$ you have to spend, if you have the cash get like a deltec or a mrc, if you dont the asm's are a good bang for the buck skimmer.
I am not a fan euroreef's, IMO they are overpriced for what they are, i had one and sold, picked up a mrc and it smokes the euroreef.

sjimmyh

I have the same size tank. I use an AquaC remora pro. Works pretty well. If you don't care at all about cost though, I would go for the super-whamodine models. AquaC is a good namebrand, IMO. They have some big skimmers if you want em. The remora ran me around 275.00 with the pump and skimmer box/microbubble catch.