skimmers

hi'n'dri

(process of changing from FO to reef)
ok currently my tank is not reef ready.. aka no holes drilled. and it is a glass tank.. thus drilling is no a good idea.
my question is since i have a standard tank is the only skimmer that i can use a hang on the tank/back skimmer?
I would much rather have the skimmer placed in the cabinet below my tank... but from what i have seen in diagrams etc it looks like i might be stuck with a hang on the back which would be rather bulky...
thanks,
Hi'N'Dri

musipilot

Nope...for those of us without drilled tanks (my tanks have tempered glass bottoms, which you can't drill) there are these neat little lifesavers called OVERFLOW BOXES. They are what you need!

hi'n'dri

can you explain more ,, i was under the assumption that with over flow there had tobe holes drilled into the side of the tank... am I incorrect in this assumption.
if you know of a website with pictures or if you have pictures of your setup i would appreciate it...
thanks

hi'n'dri

ok i hope this image gives more insight as to what i was thing would be possible without drilling holes in the tank, excuse the poor artistry i did this in about 2 minutes.
I am assuming this will work but wanted some sort of confirmation. and I beleive that this is similiar to what musipilot was talking about but i am not sure.