Sleap Apnea

birdy

Anyone have this? We just found out my husband has it (I have suspected it for several years). He was having 25 episodes an hour! With a oxygen saturation of 79% (it should be 100%) and he is only 26, all this very bad for a guy his age.
Anyway, we are planning on a weightloss and excercise plan with a cpap machine to open his airway.
No wonder the guy walks around like a zombie all the time. Can you imagine waking up or stopping breathing 25 times every hour!?

dskidmore

My uncle has it. Sleeps with the machine that seems to help him alot.
I suspect my father has a milder form, but he's never been tested for it. He'll snore regular, stop, then resume with a big snort.

jal1639

My uncle HAD it. He used to sleep in a recliner, with the O2 machine. Then he had his stomach stapled lost 200lbs and sleeps normal, now.

T

tizzo

Birdy, what's your e-mail?? My hubby is a respiratory therapist, he may have some info for you.

T

tizzo

Originally posted by Birdy
No wonder the guy walks around like a zombie all the time. Can you imagine waking up or stopping breathing 25 times every hour!?

My 2 year old was doing this, so we had to get his tonsils and adnoids out. They said on a scale of 0-4, 4 being touching and closing the airway, his were a 3+. Now he sleeps like he's in a coma, totally different kid. I kinda imagined it like sleeping with a serious stuffy nose, and at the end of every "round" of breaths, you stop, snort and wake yourself up just to start the cycle all over again.:nope:

tony detroit

My roomate in the fraternity house in college had it. Snored so bad. Finally I started drinking a beer or two before bed every nite just for the sake of sleeping and not waking up every half hour. It figures he went out and got a sleep machine so he stopped snoring probably only a few weeks before I moved.

cathbad

I'm not overwieght and I don't snore much, it's not even loud when I do (according to the Mrs.), but the doctor did give the Dx of apnea at age 27. The sleep study revealed that I stopped breathing between 60 and 90 times per hour, I think the averge was around 70. The strange thing though is that the O2 saturation never dropped below 98%.

T

tizzo

I tried to email you and it said you don't exist...
unknown or illegal alias: bugsnbirdsNOSPAM@everestkc.net 550 5.1.1 <bugsnbirdsNOSPAM@everestkc.net>... User unknown <<< 554 5.5.0 No recipients have been specified.
Astually, that's what it said...
:notsure:

dskidmore

Originally posted by Tizzo
I tried to email you and it said you don't exist...
unknown or illegal alias: bugsnbirdsNOSPAM@everestkc.net 550 5.1.1 <bugsnbirdsNOSPAM@everestkc.net>... User unknown <<< 554 5.5.0 No recipients have been specified.
Astually, that's what it said...
:notsure:

Take out the NOSPAM, it's there to keep spammers from automaticly harvesting the address.