Sleeper banded bullet =? dragon goby

hwttdz1

Is a sleeper banded bullet in fact the same thing as a dragon goby. I am very confused about this species and have heard that it is a sand sifter and that it is not a sand sifter. Also that it is very difficult to keep, and very easy to keep. I'm so confused, does anyone have this species in there aquarium, can you comment on the behavior?

rbrockm1

ive heard and own a sleeper banded goby, but not bullet. if you got a pic of the fish that you are talking about would be good. mine is a sand sifter and keeps it really clean. only draw back is he gets sand everywhere.

L

lsu

It's the same fish, just depending on which site you are looking on. I have one and its easy to keep but as stated earlier it gets sand EVERYWHERE. Blowing sand off of corals get annoying real quick.

hwttdz1

Sleeper Banded Bullet
I have also seen the scientific name as Cryptocentrus sp. and Amblygobius phalaena. Also I'm not able to find the user agreement for the forum, is it permissible to post a link to a .org site with information on many species of fish?

patandlace

It's the same fish, the LFS's around here call them Dragon Gobies. It is a sand sifter and should be easy to keep. Mine will eat anything I feed it.