Sleeping fish...

granny

Um, yep, sorta!
Have you ever seen a parrot fish or wrasse at night? The wedge into a crevice or down into the sand and surround themselves with a cocoon of slimy stuff, then rest there all night. when your lights go out in your tank, most of your fish will disappear into the rockwork and maintain a 'resting' position. some fish, such as cardinals, like the darkness and will become more active then, but the majority of fish do have a resting period.

R

rcreations

My yellow wrasse goes under the sand when the lights go out.

renogaw

Originally Posted by Granny
Um, yep, sorta!
Have you ever seen a parrot fish or wrasse at night? The wedge into a crevice or down into the sand and surround themselves with a cocoon of slimy stuff, then rest there all night. when your lights go out in your tank, most of your fish will disappear into the rockwork and maintain a 'resting' position. some fish, such as cardinals, like the darkness and will become more active then, but the majority of fish do have a resting period.

my sixline is constantly webbing itself! he found a NICE hole in some of my rock and is there every night.

xdave

My Huma trigger used to lay down on the bottom as soon as I turned off the light.

chriscolumbus

LOL.. my clown did that.. the 1st day i got him I thought he was dieing.. He layed down in front of the liverock right upside the front glass and just layed there.. he was sleeping.. the next day I woke up cringing to go take a dead clownfish out of my tank and he was up and playing.. he does it everynight.. I got him a friend (another clown) the next day, same place, same type of clownfish same size, probably his brother/sister, the new one doesnt do this but the frist one does... ill try to take a picture but kinda hard when the lights are off

chriscolumbus

snapped a pic while shining a LED into the tank for you.. one sleeps upright the other on his side.. really funny..he is up against the front glass on his side..

tarball

I had a longnose hawkfish jump out of the tank when lights went out. I found him the next morning sleeping on the carpet.

mie

Originally Posted by Tarball
I had a longnose hawkfish jump out of the tank when lights went out. I found him the next morning sleeping on the carpet.

Gotta love a good sense of humor.
My trigger will lock himself onto a rock, my clowns go to the bottom corner, and the rest i dont care enough to pay attention. I just know that the only thing's out are the shrimp's and crabs.