Sleepless in Milwaukee

nitschke65

So, there was an absolutely beautiful little pair of black saddle clowns (3/4 ")at my lfs a couple weeks ago, and I just couldn't resist! They now live the nicest 15 gallon QT I could provide. I'll soon begin the build of a 75 that they'll eventually move in to. They seem happy, they eat well, but they never seem to sleep! Any hour of the day, when I glance in the tank, their little clown behinds are shakin' out in the open water!
There tankmates include a 1" sixline, some small hermit crabs, and two small emerald crabs that hitch-hiked in on some LR.
T5 HO lighting, 48 watts actinic, 48 watts 10,000k, and moonlight.
Water - Temp. 80 - Ph 8,0 - SG 1.024 - Amm 0 - Trite 0 - Trate <5
Any reason for me to worry?

lmecher

No, fish do not "sleep" the correct term is rest. Even if we don't acutally see them at rest, be assured they do at some time.

nitschke65

Yes, the lighting is on inpependant timers with the actinics on from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. - the 10,000k on from Noon to 7 - and the led moonlight on from 10 p.m. to 10 a.m.
I know fish don't "sleep" but I'm saying these two are activly swimming everytime I look at the tank.
  • 5 a.m. when I get up
  • 6:30 when I leave for work
  • Noon, if I get the chance to stop home.
  • 4:30 when I get home
    Before Dinner
    After Dinner
    Midnight snack (what can I say, it is Milwaukee)
    2 a.m. drink of water
Any time I look at the tank they are swimming! Not resting! Not Hiding! I'm sure they must rest some time. Maybe I'm just paranoid. Maybe they're watching me!