Slightly concerned my first Anemone?

jokelly61

Hello everyone, could anyone please tell me or not....I have been reading up on anemones and have just purchased my first one, it is a pink tipped Caribbean, I climatized him and had a bit of a sticky situation trying to coax it out of the bag....anyhow now he has been in my tank for about an hour....I placed him on a piece of rock with a crevice and now he's moving off.....could anyone please tell me if handling this beautiful creature will harm it or should I just let him wander around and find a new rock for himself....also does he like strong or mild current? I have read several different things about them and now am quite confused....help please anyone??

J

jstdv8

I'm no anemone pro, but that one looks to be very bleached. I think that species is supposed to be kind of tan color. So you may be in trouble right from the start.
As far as flow they will move around a bit in the tank till they find a spot where they like the flow and the light.
If its very weak it could get sucked into the powerheads though.

jokelly61

Thankyou....I have covered the wave outlet with some netting I am just a bit concerned that it might just start floating about...I also read that some of the anemones are quite dangerous to handle....it did cling to me but so far I have no skin irritation or anything just dont want it aggitated or stressed would you know what fish would be a suitable host for this species?

J

jstdv8

actually the anemone is the host. The fish are the guests.
Clownfish are usually the ones slated as the fish for anemones

jokelly61

well this one's a Haitian or pink tip condy....so now have found out that it doesn't form relationships with any fish sadly but can eat them instead! guess I'll have to keep it well fed with shrimp etc....just hope it doesn't harm my feather dusters which are just growing they are very small fingers crossed and thanks for the advice :)