Slurp gun??

brucewrs

I am making one now.I will post some pics when I am done.It is a plunger type device to catch small fish while snorkling.I will keep you posted

cgrant

i would love to see a pic of one, sounds like it might work great getting those damsels out! So far they have eluded me and my puffers!

1journeyman

We used them to get burrowing shrimps and crabs... didn't know you could modify one to catch fish. Will be interesting to see!

cgrant

i just found this pic on googleeeee :)
I think it would not be that hard to build as long as we can find the round rubber ring part that goes inside the tube?

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
We used them to get burrowing shrimps and crabs... didn't know you could modify one to catch fish. Will be interesting to see!
Nope i have the large one used to safely capture fish. Use it all the time. fun little gun.

wattsupdoc

I dont have one but my buddy used to use one all the time to catch fish.
They work great according to him! Have fun. Can you use rubber tubing with a wishbone like on a speargun for a actuator? and maybe some kinda trigger on it?

brucewrs

Well my home made one did not work.I guess I will buy one from a dive shop.I went to Jupiter inlet this morning and there were some nice tropical fish there.I seen alot of puffers too.