Small Naso Tang

9g

Is a small Naso Tang suppose to be grey in color?
I mean just grey all in all and not have any color anywhere else?

sepulatian

Originally Posted by 9g
Is a small Naso Tang suppose to be grey in color?
I mean just grey all in all and not have any color anywhere else?
No, they are not. Please explain the situation. How long have you had him? How long did you acclimate him? Please give plenty of details.

myreef05

Originally Posted by sepulatian
No, they are not. Please explain the situation. How long have you had him? How long did you acclimate him? Please give plenty of details.
Sep. How come you are not a MOD yet? Your advice is awesome.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by myreef05
Sep. How come you are not a MOD yet? Your advice is awesome.
LOL thank you very much. I am here to help

9g

I had him since tuesday yesterday and bought him from here. I dripped acc. him for 3hr.
He looks ok but he just has no color yet. Just grey.

crimzy

Originally Posted by 9g
I had him since tuesday yesterday and bought him from here. I dripped acc. him for 3hr.
He looks ok but he just has no color yet. Just grey.

I may be wrong but I've never seen a naso that looked like that, even when stressed. I don't think that's a naso.

9g

When he's stressed like when i got him from the box, he had the white spots that they metion to look for. Now, he is just solid grey.
Maybe they get their color as they grow.

crimzy

Originally Posted by 9g
When he's stressed like when i got him from the box, he had the white spots that they metion to look for. Now, he is just solid grey.
Maybe they get their color as they grow.
It's possible but I've had several of these guys. I have seen them both big and small and I've never seen one that looks like that.

fish4ever

The reason I asked what you are feeding him is cause that can have an effect on the colors. Tangs need lots of algae and greens, as I am sure you know already, but I just thought I would ask.

9g

Got ya. I fed him formula 2 greens and marine cuisine last night. I have a seeweed on a clip too but he hast touch that.

petjunkie

Could you possibly get a larger better pic? There are several naso sp. tangs, some of which are grey but it's hard to tell from that pic. Tangs can change color when stressed though. How large is it?

S

smartorl

I have a very small Atlantic blue baby that looks alot like that, although he is a tad lighter in color.

9g

It's hard to get a closser pic. He is a very fast fish.
I actually like his color now. It's different. For $20, its a good buy.

A

azul1994

What size tank do you have him in?
He is kind of cool, good luck!