Small Picasso Triggers????

jeff10

My friend said he had a smaller Picasso Trigger at one time that grew to only 4 inches I think. Everything I have read said they are 9-10 inches. Is there another type of Picasso out there that is smaller???

aquaknight

No, only one Picasso. Think about it in terms of humans. What's a max size for a person? We all don't eventually grow to be 7-foot NBA centers. While there maybe some 10" Picasso triggers out there, the majority of them won't grow to be that big.
That being said, a high percentage of male humans reach at least 5'7" and females at least 5'2", so my guess for a Picasso trigger equivalent would be around 7"-8". There could be a number of causes for your friends experienced lack of growth, small tank limiting growth, insufficient diet causing malnourishment, and so on. Heck something even like the lack of ever spawning/breeder could cause it. However Picasso's triggers are some of the slowest growing fish in the hobby. When you're talking about fish that could potentially live 20+ years, my guess is that your friend didn't own the Picasso long enough. Even if it was years.