small pink and white snails

posie77

I have a bunch of pink and white snails that are very small in my tank. Small enough that my camera won't take a pic of them. I really like them but I don't want to grow to attached if they are bad snails. I have searched all over the treads and can't find a pic similar to them. Thank you for your help.

cranberry

Look up collonista snails. They are cool little snails and are harmless. Here are some pics of mine.

posie77

They look similar but are bright pink, more neon pink. Can they be different colors? All the pics i have seen aren't the neon pink color. At first I thought it was my lights but they still have a bright pink color when they are off I'll try and take another pic but i don't have a very good camera. Thanks for the fast reply!

cranberry

Could it be pink coralline? You can see in the second pic there's one spot of coralline coming in. I was hard pressed to find ones that weren't covered to take pictures of.

posie77

no they all have the same white and pink colors i'm trying to take a good pic now. I have looked everywhere and can't find the same snails.

posie77

My camera won't work at all now, I can't wait to get a new one so I can post pics but, I want to get a good one without costing me too much! I don't think my four year old would understand if i told him sorry no Christmas presents this year mommy had to get a new expensive camera. I wish I could get one that takes amazing pics like you have but it's a out of my price range! Anyone know of a good camera that doesn't cost a lot?

btldreef

Are they baby Trochus? The last LR I bought had a ton of babies on them. The bands are much brighter when they're babies and then darken as they grow. I'll try to find one of the babies to take a pic of for you.