small worms with alot of legs

eilsel

i have these small worms that look like a millipede dark in color living in a empty shell in my tank anyone who knows what they are please let me know if they are ok in my tank thanks a bunch

nick76

Bristle Worms/Fire Worms, Few of them are good until they get to big or u get to many. If ur gonna remove them dont touch them, they can sting.

eilsel

how many is a few because i have about 5 or six in the shell now im new at this so excuse my ignorance will they harm my fish? thanks

defect808

If you can get them out, go ahead. They make traps for them. Just make sure not to touch them. Good luck.
p.s. They are a common hitchhiker and do not really hurt the tank. Some people think they are good for the the tank other think they are bad, so do what you want to do with it.

eilsel

thank you i just didnt know what they were or if they would hurt anything glad to know not to touch them thanks again

stanlalee

If there were 5 or 6 in a shell there will likely be alot more very shortly. Usually if you dont overfeed your tank you dont have to worry about over population. If you want you can purchase a natural bristle worm preditor like several wrasses, arrow crab ect.