Smokin BTA

dogstar

Have had this guy 5 years and it has split several times over the years...
This is the first time its released gametes ( sperm ).
Im guessing thats what happened. I never seen it befor.
Anyone know ?? Any other BTA owner have this happen ??
It started about 1 hour befor lights out and came from the mouth and later from a few tenticals....over around 2 hours. Its in a 200 gl. system and the water got a little clowdy. I ran some carbon and the skimmers went nuts....
Next day everything was clear, fish, corals all are fine. I will monitor with test. It sure suprised me...

E

emeralcrab

Didn't you ever school it on the hazards of smoking?

that really is something.

rcdude1990

is there more anenomes in the tank?
u better watch out cause he might b trying to kill an anenome or corals
i believe hes letting go of chemical bombs (this is not a joke respond fast and watch out cause everything might die if he is droppin chemical bombs!!!!!!)

dogstar

Originally Posted by bigarn
I'd say it's sperming.
Yea, thats what Im thinkin too. I just dont know. Like I said, never seen it before....
Everything is still fine. Fish, corals all seem fine, normal. tested again today and no spikes in levels. Clowns even layed eggs yesterday in their same spot.
Thanks all for the comments, this hobby is just one suprise after another

theappe

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Yea, thats what Im thinkin too. I just dont know. Like I said, never seen it before....
Everything is still fine. Fish, corals all seem fine, normal. tested again today and no spikes in levels. Clowns even layed eggs yesterday in their same spot.
Thanks all for the comments, this hobby is just one suprise after another

I think thats the best part about having nature in your house. All the surprises. Everyday I discover something new and totally random! ***)

gmidd

Um how can I say this in an appropriate way... ah.. I will just say this your BTA is a male and that won't kill anything but create life if you had a female BTA. I feel bad for that Clown.

dogstar

Thanks for the comments guys......all's well in the tank and the anemone and clowns are fine....I sent Ron Shimek some photos and he said it was male sperming also...