Smoking near an aquarium.

aztec reef

as long as is not cigarrets or you're not blowing smoke directly to tank.(in other words drowning the house with smoke.).

smork81

lol No I am not blowing cig smoke into the tank. But does just smoking in the house have any negative effects on the water chemistry?

lazypinoy

how bout MJ???? :notsure: .nooo i dont do that stuff, im jus wondering if it would have negative effects if smoked near a fish tank.

B

bonita69

Originally Posted by LazyPinoy
how bout MJ???? :notsure: .nooo i dont do that stuff, im jus wondering if it would have negative effects if smoked near a fish tank.
I think it would help finicky eaters though!!!!!!!!!!! :hilarious

reefforbrains

I dont smoke in my home. But yes I smoke like a chimney. I have heard that it can be a pollutant but unless your hotboxing your home I wouldnt worry too much about its affect on the tank unless your trying something very difficult and fickle about water quality.
Now I have to say it.....smoking if your choice, but why not do it outside for your family's sake. There IS a negative affect on people. ok Ill shut up now.....

dina12

well - if it is just 1 or 2 people - no problems....BUT - we had a house full of people for my husbands 40th birthday party...at least 30 people in the same room as the tank - 20 or more smokers.....the next day our Brain coral looked like death.....did a check on the water and our PH had dropped to around 7. Not sure if it was all the smoke or just everyone breathing .....now if we have alot of smokers in the house - they have to go outside...

frankthetank

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
Now I have to say it.....smoking if your choice, but why not do it outside for your family's sake. There IS a negative affect on people. ok Ill shut up now.....
First thing I thought when I read the original post... we're concerned about our tank, but not yourself or other people you smoke around??? :notsure:

scout

Originally Posted by Smork81
Is there any negative effects of smoking in the same house with your aquarium?

Lung cancer. Heart disease. Stroke. Emphysema. But the fish should be fine.

smork81

Thanks for all the input. I do not have any family that lives in the house with me just my cats and iguana.
So maybe for my pets sake I may start smoking outside. I am allthough trying to quit the bad habit and have been for a month. So far so good, I have cut down tremendously.