SmoothHound Not Eating!!!!

splash1914

try some silversides... plus you dont want to give the shark a whole shrimp, you should cut it into 3-4 pieces depending on the size of the shrimp...

You should not feede them every day. They also have problems seeing. Are your rod feeding them or just droppong them in the tank. Some days mine will eat until his little belly is swolen and other days he may only eat one piece. They do not gorge often. He might still be full. How big is he and how much did he eat last time. They are right on the shrimp, Cut them into small pieces.

saltfisher

Yeah I was dropping whole ones in there. he would go down and grab it and eat the whole thing. I cut them into pieces for my baby leopard. He's too small to eat them whole. He's about 8" and he ate two whole shrimp at the last feeding. I went and bout all different types of food today. He wont touch the frozen cubed squid. He will go after mysis though. Silversides are out of season according to the lfs that I used to get them from.

oceanclear

Try fresh squid cut up in small pieces from the supermarket and soak it in garlic xtrem. I then strain it out then put it in the tank
if you throw it all in your skimmer will go nuts.

saltfisher

Well, he started eating again the other day. He must have been full. Garlic Xtrem, is that a product in the "season aisle"??

tony detroit

Garlic Extreme is made by Kent Marine Inc.
try any online store/ LFS/ catalog fish store most everyone carries Kent Products.
-tony
Seachem also makes a similiar product "Garlic Guard" and it comes in a big 15+ oz. bottle, and is usually fairly cheap.