SmoothHound scare

saltfisher

Yesterday I relocated my tank. I put all my water in 45g trash cans. Inside one can I put the Hound and inside another I put the leopard and so on so fourth. When I got the tank to the new place I started adding the water back to the tank. When the tank was half full I added the Hound to the tank. I continued to fill the tank and eventually added the leopard and the others back. The Hound was swimming normally when all of a sudden he fell to the bottom with his mouth wide open and upside down. This was about 5pm yesterday. He stayed like that until I went to sleep around 1am. Motionless on the bottom sometimes on his back. I was going to take him out cause I knew he was going to die. I got up this morning and he was swimming around like nothing ever happened. That

[hr]
ruined my entire day. I couldn't figure out what made him freak out like that for so long.

grouperhead

That's interesting. Glad he made it. I'd continue to keep a close eye on him, just to be sure. My guess is he was just overly stressed. Bo

gibbus

Glad to hear your smoothhound is fine. Smoothounds are a cool shark. They are active but dont get that big plus arent the huge fish eater that a black tip is. They eat more crabs and other inverts

saltfisher

He's doing great now. My girlfriend and I call him a "baby Dolphin" because since the scare he does backflips, twists, all types of crazy swimming. It's really funny to watch. I have two sharks. The Hound and a Leopard. They get along great. Sometimes the SH will nip at the leopard, but I think it's because he's smaller. I don't have any pics yet, but I will soon.