Snacking on crab legs

angelgirl

Good morning everyone
I keep reading how puffers love to munch on crab legs how you just get one from the market and put it on a veggie clip and they are in 7th heaven... well here is my question I keep asking for raw legs and all of the stores near me have are cooked, and I dont think cooked is good. Where can I find raw legs?
thanks
Angelgirl :happyfish

sharkboy13

hmm, im sure if u asked one of the stores the next time they get them in to save a couple uncooked, i pester my stores seafood section all the time w/ "which of these r fw?" and "which of these shrimp r healthiest" and "do u have any live shrimp?" and my favorite of all time "dont u have any krill?"

dual45s

Most crab legs I've come across are cooked shortly after catching and then flash-frozen for shipping. Best of luck.

aw2x3

Try looking for a local fish market, in your area. It's probably gonna be tough...us both being from the Midwest, I cant find one to save my life.
Big cities usually have them. I just moved from Chicago, back to my home town in Southern IL. I had, on hand, more than 10 fish markets in Chicago, but cant find ANY where I'm at now.

alexrex20

they'll eat dungeness crab or blue crabs just as much as king crabs, for a fraction of the cost. most ethnic food markets (asian or mexican) will carry live blue and dungeness crabs, maybe even rock crabs. my trigger loves snacking on blue crabs.

angelgirl

thank you that is just what I was looking for, infact we use to have a chinese market next to my work that use to put live crabs in the dumster who would get out and run all over the parking lot, just think I could of had all I wanted for free, if I had only thought
thanks again
angelgirl