Snail babies? (pic)

darkfish

My tank (first ever) has had inhabitants for about a month now. Today, I woke up and found one of my 9 cerith snails attached to something weird. After I came home from work I found the finished product to be this pile of stuff. I think it must be snail eggs. I am confused why the snail would choose this location because it has the least amount of flow compared to anywhere else in my tank. I thought flow was good for eggs.
As you might be able to tell from the pictures, there are even pods swimming around in this area because it is calm. What do you think of this?

sueandherzoo

Wow - interesting "eggs"? I have snails and stomatellas laying eggs on the glass all the time but I've never seen them all connected in a thread like that before -- mine are always scattered all over the glass individually. I'll be interested to hear what the experts say these are.
Sue

darkfish

They must be eggs. Either that or the snail wanted to communicate with me by making symbols on the glass with its slime. Anyway, Do snail eggs ever hatch successfully in the home aquarium with all the snail enemies around?