ok i have a 14g biocube my list is as follows
17lbs of rock
1 big mexican turbo
2 astrea turbos
2 very small nassiaus snails
5 blue leg hermits
1 scarlet
1 blood shrimp
tank is 1 month old, ever since i put in the hermits and snails my tank has debris floating all in the water column i just changed my filters and did a 25% water change.
Now the question is how do i get rid of all the snail crap that is on the rocks and on the sand bed, i know i have room for more cleaning crew but which invert and how many due i need to help this problem out other then that everything is going great all tests are free and clear and i have cheato on the way!
one more thing do i need to supplement the blood shrimps diet with something other then algea sheets? if so what is the best food i was thinking formula one?
thanks in advance for the help
The Noob

biohawk1

Originally Posted by bpaul1201
ok i have a 14g biocube my list is as follows
17lbs of rock
1 big mexican turbo
2 astrea turbos
2 very small nassiaus snails
5 blue leg hermits
1 scarlet
1 blood shrimp
tank is 1 month old, ever since i put in the hermits and snails my tank has debris floating all in the water column i just changed my filters and did a 25% water change.
Now the question is how do i get rid of all the snail crap that is on the rocks and on the sand bed, i know i have room for more cleaning crew but which invert and how many due i need to help this problem out other then that everything is going great all tests are free and clear and i have cheato on the way!
one more thing do i need to supplement the blood shrimps diet with something other then algea sheets? if so what is the best food i was thinking formula one?
thanks in advance for the help
The Noob

Mexican Turbo Snails poop A LOT! The best thing to do is add 10 more hermit crabs to your tank and they'll eat up all the poop. Also, try to do a water change as soon as you see the amount of poop increasing!

bpaul1201

no problem well be on the look out i thinking of ordering/buying 10 more hermits and 10 small nassirous snails( i know i misspelled it) then my goby thinking either a lawnmower or a yellow watchman! any more advice or tips?

bbailey231

Yeah I have a question...how the heck are you keeping your snails alive with your hermits. My vicious carnivorus hermits all ALL OF MY SNAILS except 2
and I only have 4 or 5 hermits and had MONSTER snails

bpaul1201

the hermits are small just above baby size and the snails are huge! and i keep everyone well fed to i put a small peice of algea sheet in there every few days for a lil extra boost! but i have a question for you are you sure that the hermits ate to snails or are the snails playing hide and seek?

miaheatlvr

the hermits are small just above baby size and the snails are huge! and i keep everyone well fed to i put a small peice of algea sheet in there every few days for a lil extra boost! but i have a question for you are you sure that the hermits ate to snails or are the snails playing hide and seek?
Where do you plan to put the Chaeto when it comes in?

bpaul1201

i have a suction cup holder thing with holes for water flow to attach to the back wall of the tank
. i'll have pics up when the cheato gets here.

gmidd

no problem well be on the look out i thinking of ordering/buying 10 more hermits and 10 small nassirous snails( i know i misspelled it) then my goby thinking either a lawnmower or a yellow watchman! any more advice or tips?
I was going to say add more Nassirous Snails. They primarily stay in the sand bed. As for fish most of the Gobies will sift sand, like the Diamond Head or the Lemon Head Gobies. They do a great job keeping the sand bed looking original.

tluvst

I have a 20g with live rock/ live sand, 2 chromis 2 peppermint's and 1 turbo snail.
That snail has pooped over the entire tank....how do I get rid of this