Snail dead what about the shell?

harris

Guys,Ladies,
If you have read my previous post about my turbo, it died.
I knew right away that it was dead after trying the upside down test and then the stench that followed when I took him out. Candles are lit.
I am currently trying to maintain water chemistry-that is besides the point.
I would like to keep the shell for my other hermits, it might prove useful.
Becasue today I noticed that my blue legg is now donning a Margarita snail shell. He killed it or it died???who knows it's life. I think I need to provide shells for the blue leggers(2).
Any thoughts on sterilization of the turbo snail shell? I am currently drying it on the balcony, that is if the racoons do not get it tonight.
And what does a dead snail look like? Or did the blue legger take care of him? Because I would like to get that dead snail body out of there as well.But I do not see anything.
PS- turbo snails are big and long.
Harris

peter

Boil it then pull out the cooked snail with a toothpick,I wouldnt recomend eating it though.This will leave a nice home for the hermits.

the rock

the rock says...
you can leave anything dying or dead in your tank with red legs or blue legs. they will get to it rather quickly and devour it. they may or may not choose to make it their new home.

harris

cool. Thanks for the tips.
I figured the natural order of things would help me out, but I was unsure of my environment if it was diverse enought to handle it.
Some of my scarlets are big enough that they may want to utilize this shell.
Thanks again