snail id on clam?

yes, I would remove it and check for others. Although pyramellid snails are typically white, there is no guarentee that they dont come in different colors as well.

clarkiiboi

I guess I am blind when I am tired, but I dont see a snail---can you give me an area to look at. Just curious what a pyramellid snail looks like for reference. Thanks

andrew79

would you know what the snail would of came in on?, i have not added any new rock for about 2 years, all i added to my tank within the last couple of months were some frags. the body and underside of the snail look just like a limpet, but a diffrent color. that was the first snail i have seen that loked like that. he was on the clam shell and within minutes he was on the rock wich made it pretty easy to get off.
thanks
andrew

reefer44

I have a kuzzillion of stomella in my tank and i can pull them off?????????? and i am not that strong...lol......i didn't mean to be rude if i was:D
Brad

dburr

you can't usually remove permedal snails (spelling) with your hands so i would say he is a stomella
Pyramid snails are very easily removed. You bump them and they fall. They are also white, they look like rice.

krishj39

I agree, they fall off too easily in my opinion, they end up falling into the sand where I can't find them instead of being able to grab them and remove them from the tank. I lost my last clam to these snails.