snails got suck in close loop

tboy

hi
i got snails stuck in my close loop system because before i didn't have screen for the intake therefore couple of the snails got suck in there and stuck in there
i have a dart pump rated for 3600gph but when i put my hand in front of it, it seem like very little flow come out only
my close loop system running with a four way oceansmotions and each four way of the oceansmotions come out to three outlet
what can i do to get all the snails out?

scsinet

Where are they stuck? In the pump or the oceansmotions? Both can be dismantled to get things out.
If they are stuck in the pipes... do you have an air compressor at your disposal? You may be able to blast them out.

tboy

Originally Posted by SCSInet
Where are they stuck? In the pump or the oceansmotions? Both can be dismantled to get things out.
If they are stuck in the pipes... do you have an air compressor at your disposal? You may be able to blast them out.
i check the oceansmotions everything is clean
i will check the pump
but, what do you mean by an air compressor at your disposal?

scsinet

I mean "Do you have an air compressor."
if you do, you can use the blow gun to blast out your pipes if you think there is a snail caught somewhere in them.

acrylic51

I'm familiar with the OM's, but you say that you have 4 main lines coming from the OM unit and then they are broken into 3 off the 1?

tboy

Originally Posted by acrylic51
I'm familiar with the OM's, but you say that you have 4 main lines coming from the OM unit and then they are broken into 3 off the 1?
yes

acrylic51

Curious your lines off the OM are 1"? When you broke them down into 3 other lines what size are they? Sounds like you won't get even strong flow since the lines are broken down like this as well.

tboy

here is the pic
i know, it's seem very weak even before snails go stuck in there that why i was thinking of upgrade the pump to a 5500gph instead

J

jrthomas40

whoa!!! thats a lot of pipes in there...i want to see this thing in working mode