Snails

H

hlp

There are several different types of snails and we are having trouble deciding which are the best. Do they perform different functions or is it personal preference? We have a 75 gallon with a few damsels, clowns, blue hermits, red hermit, and turbo snails. Some live rock (not enough yet) and would like to have some invertebrates in the future. Thank you for your help!

flydan

Hey,
I like a mix of snails personally. Some work on the glass, some crawl over the lr and some work in the sand.
Don't know if that's much help but it's worked for me.
Dan'l

H

hlp

Thank you for the replies. Which ones like the glass and which ones like the substrate and LR?

H

hlp

Thank you for that link. That really helped. I recently came across a Margarita snail. Ever heard of it?

sabby

Yeah, I've heard of them. :yes:
Margarita snails are great for eating film algae off your rocks and glass. I had some for awhile, but my blue leg hermits killed them. :mad:

jjoe

I know this has been asked a thousand times, but why did my snails eat my shaving bushes.

sabby

Originally posted by JJoe
I know this has been asked a thousand times, but why did my snails eat my shaving bushes.

What kind of snails were they?

H

hlp

What quantity is recommended of each type. I do hope to have a reef started in the next year.