Snake to SW tank. Issues???

turningtim

Thinking of buying a used 80 gallon tank but it has been used as a snake tank for 6 months. The tank is in great shape and looks to be a fairly new AGA. I wouldn't do it normally but its just a great deal! And I'm in need (well not really but you know how it is)!
Would a bleach or vinegar solution kill the nasty stuff in the tank if I let it sit for a couple days? Should I just reseal it?
Is it worth it for 60 bucks and some elbow grease?
Thanks
Tim

bizkitpug

My 55 was a home for a python, a caimen, a pirahna, and several lizards before it was a sw tank. It was quite a long time between the last thing that was in there (pirahna). I cleaned it out really well with water and I also bought tank safe glass cleaner from my lfs. I have never had a problem.

chilwil84

have the person fill it with water and sit for a few days to make sure the dry hot conditions didnt compromise the silicone holding it together a mild bleach solution would be safe just make sure u rinse it out well and even add some chlorine remover to some water and fill it up to get rid of what didnt evaporate out