Snake's Methods for Acclimation

snakeblitz33

Nope - no adjusting. However, if your buying something like SPS frags, they may have problems adjusting to that low level of light. I would actually put those frags as high as possible in the tank to begin with.
What corals did you buy?

shane784

2 cyphastrea
1 Dendrophyllia
1 Acro plana
1 zoa
1 Favia
suggested placement would be appreciated. these arr all in a 20 tall

florida joe

While there are established guidelines for placement of corals in our tanks, imo it is better for the corals if they are placed in lower levels of the tank and observed. The hobbyist can after observation start to move the corals to higher (more illumination) areas of placement. Take the time to take note of changes in the coral. Corals will let you know when they are in a location that they like.

acrylic51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Limpid http:///t/389300/snakes-methods-for-acclimation#post_3440052
Snake I hope a experienced reefer like yourself is not condoning adding new items directly to your display tank? This was just a typo right.

• 5. Break open the bag or cut it, and remove the creature with a net and add it to your display tank. Do not add shipping water to your aquarium, ever.
IME depends on the circumstances......If the specimen has been in a long shipping process it's better IMO to get the specimen (fish) out of bag water, but QT not DT ready.......

snakeblitz33

Most hobbyists barely have a plce to keep one tank, let alone a whole quarantine system. While it is best to use a quarantine system, the average hobbyist simply doesnt have the money or time to maintain one.
Advanced hobbyists know better and typically stay in the hobby long enough to invest the time and money into keeping a quarantine system going. By that time, i feel like the aquarist knows how to acclimate a fish or coral and wont need to read these guidelines.