Snapping Crab?

arjayl

I have long suspected a Mantis shrip or something. I have always heard snapping when I would feed the fish. I have dug through the rocks and never found anything...UNTIL TODAY! Its deffinetely a crab. All I can tell about it is that the way the body sits makes it look kinda like an Emerald Crab. This is no Emerald Crab! The one arm I can see seems to have some red coloration. Now I know why I can't keep any shrimp or crabs. I even lost a Flame Angel...Just disappeared!!! What is it...I know it can't be good. How can I catch it without disturbing all the rock work?

S

spsaddict

thaw a raw coctail shrimp and cut it into chunks... place it in a few different glasses and place them at a 45 degree angle..... in different places a round the tank.... in the morning youll have many crabs in these... nd im gussing youll have that snapping crab, after a few nights.... the crabs can crawl in but not out :)

arjayl

Great Idea!!! Any clue to what kind of crab? Do you know of a sight that might have pictures so I can compare?

S

spsaddict

are you sure it is a crab... have you seen the whole thing... pistol shrimp have huge claws too, and they burrow in the substraight