Snow Again

katsafados

Thats Canada for ya!
When I woke up this morning for school, looked outside went back to sleep. Missed class, I refuse to go out since it was +10 yesturday and today a blizzard.

gcgrad

Snow is better than being outside in the southeast when all the pine trees are releasing pollen all over the place. Literally everything gets covered in yellow, and tears up your allergies.

al&burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcgrad http:///forum/thread/384722/snow-again#post_3371274
Snow is better than being outside in the southeast when all the pine trees are releasing pollen all over the place. Literally everything gets covered in yellow, and tears up your allergies.
Hah, but they stop pollunating after a while, we get that up here two, maybe in a month or two. Kills my allergies.

2quills

Sigh...sunny and high 70's down here today. The pollen...my silver truck is so yellow right now it's green.

monsinour

we got a little snow, but yea, tired of the cold.
Pollen is everywhere. depending on where you are determines when your alergies act up. I have about a month to go before I get bad.

mylady

Well, I'm gonna whine a bit here. I hate dealing with the snow screwing on water hoses and trying not to get sprayed down with ice cold water because the connection isn't 100%. It was so cold tonight trying to fill my bus with water was such a PITA. My hands were frozen by the time I was done. Then of course there is having to run a heater in the bus to make sure the water doesn't freeze in the tanks and burst a pipe. And when the snow is really bad there is either having to cancel appointments and lose money due to the snow or brave the roads and hope you don't get stuck anywhere. Remind me why I went mobile again? And then there are the peoplethat call that actually expect a mobile groomer to be cheaper than a salon and then get all bent out of shape when they hear my prices. OK, whine over.

btldreef

That has to suck! We had thunderhailsleetsnow tonight. Scared the cr@p out of my dog, he really didn't know what to make of it.

1guydude

Arent u guys worried about ur tanks losing power! All i have to deal with is the rain in the NW rain rain rain! Summer time is around the corner everyone.....

monsinour

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLady http:///forum/thread/384722/snow-again#post_3371418
Well, I'm gonna whine a bit here. I hate dealing with the snow screwing on water hoses and trying not to get sprayed down with ice cold water because the connection isn't 100%. It was so cold tonight trying to fill my bus with water was such a PITA. My hands were frozen by the time I was done. Then of course there is having to run a heater in the bus to make sure the water doesn't freeze in the tanks and burst a pipe. And when the snow is really bad there is either having to cancel appointments and lose money due to the snow or brave the roads and hope you don't get stuck anywhere. Remind me why I went mobile again? And then there are the peoplethat call that actually expect a mobile groomer to be cheaper than a salon and then get all bent out of shape when they hear my prices. OK, whine over.
You went mobile because you are making 2x what you were making working for someone else. You have complete control over your schedule and freedom to do whatever dogs or cats you want. You are not tied into the overhead of operating a shop and your business can grow with the addition of a new vehicle instead of a new shop.
And no, I dont worry about losing power. I have a generator in the new grooming bus that has enough power to run my entire house practically.

al&burke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsinour http:///forum/thread/384722/snow-again#post_3372627
You went mobile because you are making 2x what you were making working for someone else. You have complete control over your schedule and freedom to do whatever dogs or cats you want. You are not tied into the overhead of operating a shop and your business can grow with the addition of a new vehicle instead of a new shop.
And no, I dont worry about losing power. I have a generator in the new grooming bus that has enough power to run my entire house practically.
Oh good, back up power for the fish tanks! LOL