Snow Day!!

saltymom

Looks like a white christmas in Indiana this year. Today is the first snow day of the year... school is closed! Christmas Vacations started one day early for the kids, as they were supposed to go today!!
We are under winter weather advisory until THURSDAY!! It has been snowing since after midnight, and we have 2 inches on the porch already!! Expecting 6-12! :jumping: As soon as the sun comes up, Ill take a picture!!

nm reef

Nothing better than a white Christmas...we are supposed to have snow today and tomorrow but it'll likely be gone by the weekend.....

saltymom

now the weather channel says 18-22 and drifting ...I didnt go to the store! Good thing the other half has a truck! lol

nc2tarheel

I'm all for snow for christmas, and i've heard we will get a white christmas too but shortly after christmas, I'm ready for 90 degree weather. Screw this cold crap!

saltymom

mee too now! brrrr..it is STILL comming down nonstop here...tonight after midnight we are supposed to get 2-3 inches per hour...its gonna b alotta snow for christmas Ohhmy

scotts

First of all great pictures. But how I remember being a kid and looking out and seeing the snow, then running to the radio and hoping that school was cancelled that day. Nothing like snow before anyone has walked on it.
Scott

judyk

Saltymom, that looks like a picture on a Christmas card. It's absolutely beautiful. I just can't do cold. I was in Valparaiso two Thanksgivings ago. That was the coldest I have ever been in my life, and ever want to be.

claire_r

:eek: Hi Saltymom!
I'm in Jeffersonville. Can you believe this! I'm listening to tv and they're declaring states of emergency all over the place. My hubby has a police scanner and works with our local emergency management agency, so it's interesting to hear what's going on out there. Better than being out there! Sur am glad I got my Christmas shopping all done!
claire

saltymom

I KNOWW Claire...Its wild..we havent had this much snow in along time!! I have a police scanner as well..and it is fun to hear whats going on!!
Some of our factories are even shutting down sending everyone home..they are calling for as much as 22 inches now here in Seymour.
Try this for the kiddies home from school!! Mine Love it..we went out n played for about 20 minutes..its SO COLD we couldnt stay out longer. But then I made this and hot cocoa..they are happy!
SNOW ICE CREAM!!
dont attempt to make this unless snow has fallen from the sky consistantly for over six hours!
1 12oz can of Evap. milk
2 beaten eggs
3/4 c white sugar
Gallon of fresh Snow
Combine milk, eggs, vanilla, sugar
Stir in ice cream until desired consistancy.
4 servings
300 calories

saltymom

Thanks Kris ...U idiot..what'd I just say!! Snow..falling... at least six hours!
My dogs are so retarded they wont even go outside by themselves!! Finally after I buddled the kids up n went out with them..the dogs decided it would b okay!
I dont have any YELLOW snow YET! lol

kogle

We are kind of hoping they will ring the prison bell early for us and let us out on parole tomorrow but I don't think it's going to happen.:help:

larrynews

yep looks like a white christmas in dayton , ohio also...which is nice but the cold temps -8 on christmas eve night not fun.....already used the snow blower twice today...but it is new so i would have used with or without snow

saltymom

The cops are even having to find 4X4s to drive today cuz thier cars are doing them no good!
Heres our fun...lol... looks like more fun than it actually was.