Snowflake at LFS

hot883

One of my LFS has a 7 inch snow flake eel for $19.99 which is a great price for around here. My question is; they are feeding him live guppies, how hard would it be to ween him off of those? Any thoughts or suggestions?

mitzel

I would say not to hard at all. Neither of mine are picky at all . they eat every kind of frozen I offer. In fact one of them snagged a silver side that I split long ways . it ate it whole . So you should be fine.

coastie55g

is frozen krill a good food for the SFE? cause right now thats all i have to feed the one i just picked up of SWF.com...
if not what else should be fed to this guy?
thanks
Chris

hot883

Originally Posted by coastie55g
is frozen krill a good food for the SFE? cause right now thats all i have to feed the one i just picked up of SWF.com...
thanks
Chris
Any meaty things like raw shrimp etc., just watch portion sizes if he is small.

mitzel

Originally Posted by coastie55g
thanks
Chris

I feed mine krill for the first few weeks and then started to switch it up with some squid and then added in some muscles and shrimp and then my frozen mix that I blendded up for the fish now everybody is on the mix with treats on the side. My SFE has been with us about two months and has grown at least an inch. and is getting fat. Good choice going with SWF.COM they are great IMO

mitzel

2 SFE , 1 yellow tang, 1 niger trigger, 1 dog face puffer, 2 clowns, 1 scissor goby, 1 valentin puffer, 2 peperment shrimp, 1 feather duster , 30 or some turbo snails, 30 or so asorted hermits. 1 CC star, ast softies. We lost or fuzzy a few days ago he just never aclimated right.

puffer24/7

is it ok to have 2 sfe in the same tank and i cant believe ur triggers have not eaten the snails let alone the dog face i thought they eat those things for breakfest

cdubbs

i dont even think my SFE could catch a guppy..Like everyone said u shouldnt have a problem feeding it anything, mine will accept anything i put in the tank..I have to feed him with one of those clear feeding sticks cause he has a hard time competing with my shark and grouper..so u might wanna get one of them cause they dont see really good and it makes it easy to be sure he is getting food..gl

puffer24/7

i found thisCat Shark, Black Banded
(Chiloscyllium punctatum)
Quick Stats
Minimum Tank Size: 180 gallons
Care Level: Expert Only
Tank Conditions: 72-78°F; sg 1.020-1.025; pH 8.1-8.4; dKH 8-12
Max. Size In Aquarium: Up to 3' 6"
Color Form: Cream, Brown
Temperament: Aggressive
Reef Compatible: No
Diet: Carnivore
Compatibility: View Chart
Origin: Indo-Pacific
Family: Hemiscyllidae
The black Banded Cat Shark is known as a Cat Shark because the barbels at the mouth look like cat whiskers. It is also referred to as the Brownbanded Bamboo Shark, and has a cream-colored body with broad dark black stripes. There may be large, muted brown spots between the stripes when the fish gets larger.
The Black Banded Cat Shark is a bottom dwelling shark that is common in the home aquarium. It will eat any crustacean in the aquarium. It stays relatively small, but requires at least a 180 gallon or larger aquarium as an adult. It requires sand as the substrate as the abdomen is easily scratched by a coarser substrate, which may lead to an infection. It should never be exposed to copper-based medications.
Feeding may be difficult in the beginning. When first introduced into the aquarium, small pieces of cleaned squid or live saltwater feeder shrimp should be used to entice this fish to eat. Then it may be fed shrimp, scallops or pieces of fresh marine fish. Feeding these sharks quality foods such as whole cockle in the shell, fresh shrimp and squid, and frozen mussel are ideal.
Approximate Purchase Size: Small: 3" to 5"; Medium: 5" to 8"; Large: 8" to 15"
Please note: We guarantee that ALL aquaria species we offer will arrive alive and in good condition. However, because of the increased level of care required for this particular species, it has been designated as "Expert Only," and it is recommended that only the expert marine aquarist, zoo, or research institution purchase this species.