Snowflake Clownfish Laying eggs !!!!!!!!

-tara33-

with a parent of one being snowflake and one normal, will they just be half n half or normal, cos snowflakes are rare? arnt they?

Yes they are rare and as far as percent goes im thinking at least twenty percent or maybe more. I have tried mixing a picasso with an onyx and i got about thirty percent so we shall see thanks for the question

lmecher

Oh, your a seasoned vetran at fry rearing? Congratulations, my ocellaris just had their first spawn last week. I am trying to learn all I can in order to raise them myself. (in the near future) They are very pretty clowns. Good luck. Updates would be appreciated, I will be following along with much anticipation.

snakeblitz33

holy crud! Good gracious batman.
Good job. I hope you can raise the fry, good luck! You might be coming into some money! woot!

WOW! Awseome pictures. I've had my tank for 8 mos. My clowns aren't a year old yet and layed their first batch yesterday. I would also like to know how to go about raising the babies. I can't wait to hear updates!

Thank you for all the responses and congrats on those who are new parents lol. Fry raising takes time and trial and error. If your clowns are laying in a tank with an anenome put a substrate there like a pice of tile for them to lay on. Put it exactly where they have been laying. If your clowns lay in a pot like some of mine do then your ok. The only problem with pots that i hate is that they are a pain to work with. Using tile is much easier. To help you out a bit you need a ten gallon tank an airstone and a heater. Youll have to go to www.reedmariculture.com and order yourself a starter kit of rotifer and food for them. The food i use and find best luck with is Nano 3600. get that shipped to you and take a 5 gallon bucket. Fill it 3/4 way up and add salt. Salinity should be anywhere between 1.17 to 1.21 rotifer like it a lil less salty then your reg system. You will tinit the water green with the paste and when the water gets clear you add more. Directions come with your order to so it explains it all.Let you male do his job until you see the eggs turn silver. I like pulling the eggs and incubating them so youll take 5 gallons of the parents water and the tile they layed on and put it in your ten gallon tank. Set your heater at 82 and put the tile vertically in a corner. Let the airstone do the work over the eggs. Place the airstone under neath the eggs so the bubbles roll over the eggs. When the lights go off and make sure you shut them off the same time as your parents tank go to sleep. In the mornign youll have babies. Then take a coffe filter or buy a rotifer sifting cup from reeds andd rotifer about 10 per ml and put the nano paste in your larvae tank. I loike to culture rotifer in the same tank as the babies so they dont run out of food. Do ten percent water changes every day and siphon out the bottom with a small rigid airline. Siphon it in a white bucket so if any babies get sucked up you can take them out. then take the same amount of water you pulled out of the larvae tank and replace it with the parents tank water. The rest is just patience. Get the book clownfish by joyce wilkerson its great. I will let you all know what happens with these guys dont worry. thank you

Ok we will see how mamy come out snowflakes and how many reg, right now she is hydrated again and should be laying within the next few days. The first batch was eaten by the male. Since it was there first spawn it is normal for this to happen and my onyx did the sdame thing for 5 spaws before he knew what to do so wee shall see I dont want the afministrators to think that i am selling these on this forum so ui hope they dont mind. I dont know how to pm lol where is it or where is the tab for pm