snowflake eal not eating?

trigger99

i just got my snowflake eal about 8 inch long and i tried feeding it with crill and trigger formula and it wont even touch it even if it passes by it realy likes the rocks and stuff but im worried that it wont eat, only other fish i have is damsel i had this tank for like 3 years so everything is about right where it should be just this is my first experience with eals so should i wait until tomorow to see if its gonna start eating or should i try squid?

haze123

hey im sorry to hear that. You should try and go to one of the live fish stores in your area and get some live gosht shrimp and see if that gets him to start eating. If that doesnt work try that garlic stuff that you put on fish food some times it does the job.

nicetry

Give the eel a few days to settle in. It's not at all uncommon for them not to accept food at first. Even at this size, feeding them every couple days is recommended. Give it a good variety of foods to include chopped shrimp, scallop, occassional krill and silversides, squid and mussel.

ryan

eels will sometimes go on weeks without eating. This happens a lot when they are moved from one tank to another. Its nothing to worry about. Since your eel is so small I doubt it will go that long without eating. You need to put the food on the end of a feeding stick, or use your hand to put the food right in front of his face. Their vision isnt the best. Try a small piece of shrimp on a feeding stick. I bet he will eat it.

trigger99

i tried feeding stick but it dont work since they can live for long periods without eating im not gonna force it to much
thanks guys