snowflake eel in a reef tank

spun710

i have a coral beauty, percula, and sixline wrasse in a 29 gallon reef tank with mush rooms, mushroom leather, green star polyps, and encrusting gorgonia. I have 60+ lbs of live rock and the tank has been up for two years. Can i add a snowflake moray to my tank. i will have a tank just for him in a couple of years, but i would like to keep him in this tank for a couple years is this feasible?

shine~on

The sixline and percula will be eaten without a doubt. I don't know how large the angel is but after 2 years it will probably be eaten as well. He might knock some of your corals down too.

moraym

SFE will basically eat what it can fit in its mouth, if it's hungry. Pebble-toothed eels aren't known for taking bites out of larger fish. So if the fish can fit in the SFE's mouth, or is close to fitting, I'd be worried.
Percula is a toss-up perhaps, my SFE was housed with a perc forever and never touched him. Got aggressive towards him at feeding, but never bit.
Sixline is what i'd worry about most, don't know if it's fast enough to escape the SFE.
I wouldn't worry about the angel at all. Even when the SFE hits 2 feet in length, it still shouldn't tag the angel. Anything can happen in the aquarium world I guess, but I'd bet the angel doesn't even get a second look from the eel.

mn1467

I have a SFE in my reef about a year now he is about a foot long never ate any of my fish. My shrimp, crabs, and snails are another story. I had to replenish my snails once and add peppermint shrimp about 3 times (aipatasia) So if you have any inverts that you value alot I would not put him in