Snowflake Eel Jaw and Not Eating

H

Hauck1

Hello!
Our snowflake eel is 2.5 years old and I noticed about a month ago his lower jaw is not lining up with his upper jaw, and he hasn’t eaten in at least 3 months. We were in the process of moving and he was being kept in a temp tank and just would not eat, and now that we’re moved in and he’s in his regular tank again, we thought he would come back around to eating but he hasn’t. I’m afraid his outcome is not going to be good. We’ve medicated his water with vitamins weekly (vitachem) but that doesn’t seem to be helping. What should I do??
26B7D789-D52F-4500-A46F-881F3918EF8B.jpeg
EEF6B3A3-E597-4CA0-A684-2D640178F93F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Madam truefire

I'm sorry to hear about your drama with your precious eel. I am sitting "Lancelot"and other pets. He poked his head out on Friday and had his mouth wide open. The, he came around and positioned in front of tank, with head jammed under a rock.
He has not eaten or moved since then. He is either dead or hybernating. After reading how these fabulous creatures have their own agenda, esp. with eating, I'm hoping for the best. If you have any advice, Please let me know.

M

Madam truefire

I'm sorry to hear about your drama with your precious eel. I am sitting "Lancelot"and other pets. He poked his head out on Friday and had his mouth wide open. The, he came around and positioned in front of tank, with head jammed under a rock.
He has not eaten or moved since then. He is either dead or hybernating. After reading how these fabulous creatures have their own agenda, esp. with eating, I'm hoping for the best. If you have any advice, Please let me know.

Attachments