Snowflake Eel Question...Again

So I have a 14-15 inch snowflake I just got this weekend and I was wondering how much and how often to feed him. I ask this because I read in "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" that they should only be fed once or twice a week. I fed him on Saturday (a few pieces of krill), but today when I came home I found him chasing around my fish trying to eat them...Worried about my fish I fed him...he ate 7 pieces of krill like a psychopathic monster. He looks uber aggressive, so I need to know how to help this as well. I don't want to lose my clown fish so please help.

rudedog40

My little SFE is only around 4 -5 inches. When I see that he's hungry (which so far is at least once a day), I feed him 1 or 2 krill. I know he's hungry when he comes out real far from his lair when I feed my other fish. I just stick a krill in front of him, and if he's hungry, he grabs and and pulls it into his lair. If he comes back out, I try another. If he's not hungry, he won't grab it, but just sniff it a little. So the way I see it, I'll try to feed him anytime he comes out looking. Better to keep him satified with krill, than with one of my fish.

grabbitt

You definitely want to feed an eel more than once or twice a week (I go with 3 to 4 times). I feed my SFE every other day because otherwise he starts making it pretty obvious that he's hungry (he swims around the tank like it's a race track).
I however, don't have to worry about him eating other fish, fortunately. He's in there with a stars n stripes puffer and a grouper, both of which could swallow him whole should they see fit. SFE's are more docile among the eels, but if they start starving, they will refer to their hunting nature if they need to do so.