Snowflake eel ?

tngator19

I was wanting to start a reef tank. But I was wanting a snowflake eel. and I noticed they are not reef safe, Why not, do they eat coral or just the small fish and shrip. All I have now is a sebe clown and anmenone, and a coral beauty, but was planning on getting some corals soon. And I was going to order a reef clean up crew, with some featherdusters and coral banded shrimp. So I was just wondering why they are not reef safe.

latino277

they will eat skinny fish and shrimp. but if you keep them well feed.... you "MAY" never see a problem. a better eel would be a white ribbon Eel. that's if you can find out that is eat fine?? they will only go after small shrimp. good luck

lamaface

well your clown will probs be very agressive so i wouldn't worry to much about him at the moment and about your coral beauty...thats a bit of a risk hey... but i kept my snowflake for about 2 months before he chomped my damsels... so goodluck.

wakeskater

i dont think youll have a immediate problem i think mine is just too slow but he will defenantly eat all your inverts my snowflake has eaten about 20 mexican turbos and any other snail that has been flip upside-down,also they do get pretty big and it will knock alot of things down with its large tail so you need to watch for that too.