Snowflake eel

hot883

Originally Posted by Johnzo
Do you think my 2.5' snowflank will eat my cleaner shrimp?
Anything that can fit into his mouth WILL eventually find his way in there. Of course there are always exceptions like someone having an EEL that lets a cleaner shrimp clean his mouth. There are pics. on here somewhere of that. Good luck with yours. They are escape artist of the finest level.

fishieness

it realy depends on the eel. The one i had wouldnt eat anything but krill..... no other dead nor live foods. Some will, but some wont. Cleaner shrimp release a smell i think that lets the animal know that it is just there to help so the fish usualy doesnt eat it. but there are many people on here that can say that this isnt always true.

azocean709

i had a SF. bout 2 feet. never ate but shrimp that i fed it by hand. never messed with my small fish< i put mud minnows in there for a natural food souce> but it never ate them...and they were tiny. so one day i go to the beach in a tide pool and caught a bunch of demsels...never ate them...so THENNNN lol i figured this dude wont eat but by my hand...had it in with clowns, and everything else. I guess it depends on the eels attitude. its a big experiment. youll just have to test it.

johnzo

Update:
Well I moved the hogfish and puffer to my 37 gallon and moved the skunk shrimp emerald crabs, starfish and clowns to the 90 gallon.
I was walking by the tank the yesterday and the Snowflake had one of the skunk shrimp sitting on his head just hanging out.... I was shocked... so far so good!

fishieness

they are kinda reef safe. lol. They will not eat corals, so yes. But many will eat any curstaceans or small fish taht will fit in their mouths. also, being an agressive, large meat-eater, they tend to produce a lot of waste. So haveing a larger tank than necessary or a sump and a protein skimmer are more improtant. plus having a smaller bioload.

team2jndd

I lost two cleaner shrimp and the only things that could have eaten them were either my sfe or my panther grouper but he was only about 2 inches at the time so i doubt it was him.